Saturday, April 23, 2011

113/365 Focus


I took several photos of these crosses.  Some turned out pretty nice.   My favorites included those with pretty flowers in the foreground, nicely in focus, with blurred out crosses in the background.  My original thought when I went to shoot this morning was to take a shot like that and post one today for my project.  But after coming home, I thought, no, no pretty photo today.  I decided that making the flowers the focus and leaving the crosses blurred in the background was not the best shot for today.  It did make for a pretty photo, but you see, there was nothing pretty about the crucifixion.  Jesus paid for our sins and did it by death on a cross. They drove nails through Jesus' hands and feet and left him to hang there.  I don't think any of us can imagine how horrific that was.  Yet He loved us so much to endure it - for US, you and me.  Tomorrow we will celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior and there will be much celebrating over his victory over death.  Tomorrow we celebrate that we have Hope because of what He did for us.  But for today, we need to see the cross clearly, in full focus, without the distraction of pretty flowers in the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment